While you are spending time with your loved ones and engaging in a recreational activity, locally or after travel, the last thing on your mind is a potential accident. Everyday, we rely on hotels, amusement parks, cruise ships, and other parties to live up to their duty and creates a safe environment. When this duty is breached and their gross negligence results in injury to you or a member of your party, they should be held accountable for their actions.
Houston Vacation Accident Lawyer
If you have been injured while on vacation in Texas, or while on vacation in another state, it is important to remember that you always have rights. Regardless of how the accident took place or the assurances made by the negligent party, you should not have to suffer for the mistakes of a business.
You can trust the attorneys at Ben Bronston & Associates to take your concerns seriously, evaluate your situation thoroughly, and pursue justice. Our dedicated legal team is highly experienced in representing accident victims in complex cases in Texas. Learn more about your legal options and how we can help you find justice during this stressful time.
Taking Civil Action for Injuries Sustained While Vacationing
- Frequent Causes of Vacation Accidents
- Common Incidents Leading to Injuries During Vacations
- What to Do If You’re Injured on Vacation
Frequent Causes of Vacation Accidents
When individuals are on vacation they are likely to participate in a multitude of different forms of entertainment. They are also likely to engage in more risky behavior than they might if they were not on vacation. When participating in these events, they are relying on employees and staff to get them safe. When the staff and employees fail to do so, personal injury claims can arise. Some of the most common vacation accident claims can stem from:
- Cruise Ship Accidents
- Amusement Park Injuries
- Hotel Negligence
- Boating Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Accidents While Jet Skiing
- Rock Climbing Accidents
- Beach Accidents
If you have been injured for any reason while on vacation, it is important to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer in Texas who will help you seek a settlement for your claims or file a lawsuit on your behalf if any part of your claims in disputed or denied.
Common Incidents Leading to Injuries During Vacations
Some of the most common accidents that can happen due to another person’s negligence while on vacation can include:
- Equipment failures,
- Injuries from poor lighting, damaged structures or other areas that should have been kept up,
- Slip and fall accidents,
- Wrongful death,
- Assault or battery,
- Car accidents,
- Pool accidents or injuries,
- Medical negligence,
- Maintenance negligence,
- Food poisoning or accidents at restaurants,
- Failure to properly mark or post signage, and/or
- A number of other accidents or injuries contributed to by another person’s negligence.
What to Do If You’re Injured on Vacation
If you have been injured while on vacation in Houston, on a cruise or while on vacation in another state or country, it is important to take the following steps to ensure you will not be barred from filing a lawsuit for your damages:
- Notify any crew members associated with the entity where you were injured;
- Get medical help immediately or notify any medical personnel or physicians associated with the entity where you were injured;
- Take pictures or photographs of the scene where you were injured;
- Take pictures or photographs of the injuries you sustained;
- Take down the contact information of any witnesses or other individuals who may be able to later assist you with your claim;
- Obtain any copies of documentation the entity made about the accident or injuries; and
- Obtain a copy of any incident report, if applicable to your injury.
Even they other party admits to liability or fault, they may not be giving you the full amount of damages you deserve for you injuries. Additionally, they can and will misconstrue anything that you say so they don’t have to pay the full amount of damages they owe you. You may unintentionally say something that was untrue, misspeak, or even say something truthful that was poorly interpreted. No matter the reason, it is important to consult with an attorney prior to responding to the at-fault party or their legal representation.
Some travelers may have purchased vacation insurance for their trip. This coverage is meant to reimburse you for scenarios such as a trip cancellation, vacation being cut short unexpectedly, or medical costs incurred while abroad. You may be unsure as to what is covered by your policy, or you may be struggling for fair compensation after your vacation accident. The attorneys of Ben Bronston & Associates are experience din handling vacation insurance concerns, and they can confidently answer your questions.
Working with a Lawyer after a Galveston Vacation Accident
Contact Ben Bronston & Associates today by calling (713) 225-5236 and schedule your free consultation today. Let our experienced legal team serve as your intermediary for all dealings with the other party and your advocate for pursuing maximum compensation. Our attorneys are proud to continue fighting for adults, children, and families hurt while on vacation in Houston, Galveston, and surrounding areas.